Conformity of Production (COP)
COP is a procedure through which the conformity of an automotive vehicle, a system, and a collection of individual technical parts is ascertained based on the requirements set forth in the relevant standard(s).
This procedure involves audit of quality management system (preliminary evaluation/initial assessment), verification of the confirmed subjects, and application of product-related controls (COP arrangements).
At present, all the automobiles, motorcycles, and road construction/agricultural machinery – whether imported by or manufactured in Iran – must be evaluated by a competent third party inspector with regard to meeting the relevant requirements.
As the first and the largest company of its kind, and ranking among the most active inspection companies in the country, Iran Engineering Inspection Company (IEIC) holds an accreditation certificate issued by the National Accreditation Center of Iran (NACI).
- Type approval and conformity of production (COP) for automobiles
- Type approval and conformity of production (COP) for motorcycles
- Type approval and conformity of production (COP) for construction/agricultural machinery
- Physical inspection of vehicles
- Supervision of fuel consumption and emissions tests
Type Approval and Conformity of Production (COP) for Automobiles
In line with the decisions taken by the Iranian National Standards Organization (INSO) and the enforcement of compulsory automotive standards in Iran in 2003, our company started its activity as the executive arm of the INSO upon obtaining the required technical inspection certifications.
Iran Engineering Inspection Company is the first authorized inspection company in Iran in the field of type approval evaluation. Having performed this evaluation procedure on more than 150 automobile models (both imported and Iranian made), the company has gained valuable experience in this regard.
In addition, since the enforcement of the 2010 Iranian Evaluation Procedure for COP Arrangements, our company has performed numerous evaluations in the automotive industry, thus playing a significant role in the identification of technically improvable parts in both automobiles and motorcycles.
Inspection of Automobile Usage
In line with the requirements regarding the incomplete vehicle type approval (N-rigid?), Iran Engineering Inspection Company provides inspection and COP services for incomplete vehicles (upon installation of the relevant user equipment) based on the Iranian National Standard No. 11889, subsequently submitting the relevant reports to the Iranian Ministry of Industry, Mine, and Trade.
- Reference standards on type approval
- Executive procedure for type approval and COP
- Type approval and inspection procedures for imported vehicles
- Documents required for type approval of Iranian made automobiles
- Documents required for type approval of imported automobiles